How to become a Certified Nursing Assistant
To become a CNA in Massachusetts, you need to:
- Complete an approved CNA training program (or meet the qualifications listed at 105 CMR 156.100)
- Pass the state’s certification exam
Prospective students need to:
- have a High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent
- be fluent in English and have strong written and verbal skills
- have a valid government-issued photo I.D.
Upon completion of Assabet After Dark’s CNA Program, you will be:
- certified as a Home Health Aide (HHA)
- eligible to take the practical and written state certification exam to become a Certified Nurse Assistant
To register for Assabet After Dark’s next CNA program, click here.
To request an application for the Nurse Aide Competency Evaluation Program or to schedule your CNA examination, please contact the Massachusetts Nurse Aide Testing Office at (781) 979-4010.
How to become an Emergency Medical Technician
To become a certified Nationally and in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts as an EMT, you need to:
- Complete an EMT course from an accredited provider
- Pass the written and practical certification exam
Prospective students need to be:
- 18 years old at the time of the practical exam which is the Saturday after the last class
- Able to lift 125 lbs
- Able to read, understand, and communicate in English